Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

It seems to be highly debated whether thanksgiving is a holiday that should center around family or friends.  We are a family, away from our families, so I think, thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, where ever you are...

What I am Thankful for, 2010.
I am thankful to have grown up near grandparents who were kind, generous, and very loving.
I am thankful for parents who were not perfect, not my friend, and provided me every opportunity they could.
I am thankful for a large, crazy, loud, and loving extended family that I know will celebrate my joys, and morn my sorrows.
I am thankful for falling on my face early in life so that I might appreciate what is learned from failure.
I am thankful for finding an amazing husband who lives with passion, loves with loyalty, and without whom my life would be nothing.
I am thankful for two beautiful healthy children who fill my life with love, laughter, noise, and a crazy I never could have imagined.
I am thankful for those who are no longer here, for the moments and memories that I carry in my heart.
I am thankful for a warm house in a safe neighborhood where my children can play out back in a fort they made.
I am thankful for more food than I can eat and being home every night to cook it.
I am thankful for every day, every breath, and everyone of you reading this
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: