Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day after Halloween Cookies

If you are anything like me, and Dear Lord I hope someone is,  because I feel very alone.  You have hid the Halloween candy, not from your children who you have screamed into submission, but yourself. 

My children know that they can only have one piece of candy a day after their healthy food.  So they ask very sweetly (pun-get it) if they can have a piece after dinner.  I however do not need to ask anyone and consequently ate a pound and a half already.  Just ask my ass.

So here is my alternative - a cookie! Much healthier than just eating seven Reece's cup straight from the bag for breakfast because they have oatmeal in them...

2c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1c. butter softened
1c. white sugar
1c. brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2c. rolled oats
1c.+ cut up chocolate Halloween candy

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk and set aside.  In a large bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time, then vanilla.  Gradually add sifted ingredients. Last stir in oats and candy pieces.

Bake 8-10 minutes depending on your oven, wait to remove until firm, especially if you used lots of snickers.

That is what no one here likes and it's the only thing left by the time I get around to making these cookies!  Snickers taste better in a cookie than by themselves, M&M's are also a good choice.  Nothing in an orange package ever makes it into the cookie because it can't get past my mouth.  If I had a daughter - you guessed it, she would have been Reece. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment