Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why bother with beauty?

So after almost a year, it was time for a hair cut. I'm not always antsy, depending on how bad last years haircut was, I may wait another 6-12 months. But I was antsy, I have some length so in case they screwed up I could still manage my standard ponytail. My hair was so dry and split at the ends it didn't even feel like hair anymore. It felt like I was tying up a straw bale.

I know women who have had the same haircut for years, go to the same place, the same person. What a gig! Where do I sign-up? I bop around more than a 16 year-old volleyball player without her bra. Finding someone who does a good job is hard enough. Finding one who is still there a year later is impossible.

I've decided that I am going to get a Cosmetologist licence. Why not? Where else could I get paid and tipped to screw up. No where. But yet we do all the time with hairdressers. Please, can we do away with the Kate Gosselin thing - IT'S AWFUL!!!! No one looks good with their hair cut short in the back and long in the front, you look like my four-year-old cut it. My real pet peeve, cutting bangs, that fall in your eyes. Really?

Maybe my expectations are too high. I would just like to pull my hair up when I am working out, or playing with the boys, but be able to let my hair down when I go to the store and not feel like a 40 something wrinkled pasty white mess. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. I've got a great hairdresser who has been at the same salon for over 10 years. Let me know if you want her number... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and may I say you look fabulous!!!! If only mine had turned out as well, I truly look like one of the boys cut my hair ;-(

    ReplyDelete