Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trendy, from the dreaded "W"

It wasn't until I was a little older that I could appreciate my big sister. She had a tough job. Not only paving the way with the parents, but navigating the world without a big sister. She did an amazing job.

When I think of my sister, I think of the well dressed, hip, social butterfly. It was my sister who would say to me, "You are not going to wear that!" It was my sister who introduced me to Chinos, Docksides, Izods (collar up), penny loafers, tight perms, and bangs. Yes - I am showing my age, and NO I will not post the pictures.

Why is she the fashionista? Who knows, no one else in the family seems real concerned with being hip. But it is nice to have the inside scoop. Recently she mentioned that she spent way too much on a pair of skinny jeans. OK, so they are not just for junior high girls? Damn, not what I wanted to hear. But the fashoinista has spoken.

So the other night I was running to the dreaded "W" at 9:00 p.m. to get birthday party supplies for the soon-to-be 7 year old's party when what do I spy on the clearance rack? You guessed it - Skinny jeans - for $3.00. I figured that's a fashion statement worth a try.

Just don't tell my sister where they came from, I know what she'll say, "You are not going to wear that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment