Monday, June 7, 2021

"Waking up is hard to do..."

 I know these are not the real words, but have you ever sang the wrong words so many times you think everyone else is singing it wrong? This is one of those songs and I woke up after having been dreaming all night about having a Panic Attack singing this in my head.

Transitioning into summer mode is hard. Everyone expects it feel awesome. FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM - You gotta give what you take. Thank you George Michael. (Can't say I didn't butcher the words to this song also)

The start to summer this year was exciting and eventful. Getting ready for graduation for weeks and it was finally here. Processing all that happened and then cleaning everything up, literally and figuratively. And now a solid week of rain. Will I ever get the boys to mulch? Stay tuned!

Summer is so hard, I know,  because of the lack of structure. I think the reason it's gotten harder is because I leave for work for a few hours, write each boy a note flowered with Good Morning, Hope you slept well, here are your chores for the day....and come home to puffy eyed kids still in PJ's still lapping up cereal. Ugh.

What I've really learned over the last 5 years, I HATE being in charge! I want to be home waking up at 10 a.m. eating cereal at noon and maybe getting out of my PJ's in time for laying around the pool. I think I would have done well with lots of money. And then I wake up - because Waking up is hard to do!

Alas, we are here again and seeing as this maybe the last summer my oldest is even home hanging out with us I feel the added pressure to stop nagging and make it FUN. And honestly that is even more exhausting than writing out chores. I am right smack back in the no win job. Seriously, when do I get ot be on the other end of this?

FYI - the other song that I still sing my way is FunkyTown. I know now that they are saying Talk About it Talk About it Talk About it but I still sing - HOT TAMALES HOT TAMALES HOT TAMALES!!!

its more fun

No comments:

Post a Comment