Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sibling stories....

We spent the weekend with my parents and my mom was telling a story about my sister.  Unfortunately she started telling this as she and I were walking into Wal-Mart.  We were laughing so hard by the time we got to the first aisle people were staring and/or dodging us.  Most places, that's not a big deal because the chances of someone seeing you know are slim.  When you are in Podunkville where everyone is related it is a lot harder to be discreet.  The story was totally worth it though.

When my older sister was three and I was "on-my-way" mom took her and went to church.  She was of course behaving very typically of a three-year-old at mass and making a scene.  So our mom finally decided to ignore her.  Being three, she occupied herself with something for a whole three minutes and then started poking my mom saying look at this, look at this!  Frustrated at the lack of attention she was getting from our mother, my sister hauled off and hit her.  This not only got mom's attention but others trying to ignore the squirming child.  Mom said when she looked down, seething, ready to read her the riot act, all she saw was a bare butt.  My sister had pulled her sun dress up, her panties down, and had her bare butt sticking straight up in the air saying, "Look at this, it hurts right here!"

Needless to say, she did not get scolded nor did she have to go to church for a long time after that.  I always said that sister of mine had it all figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment