Friday, May 8, 2009

Out of the mouths of Babes

One thing people always tell you, but it really doesn't register right away is that children see and hear EVERYTHING you do. Absolutely everything. And you realize it only as it is slapping you in the face - at church, in front of the neighbor, or to the pre-school teacher. Some of you moms are right now laughing so hard you've wet your pants, it's o.k. run to the bathroom, I can wait.

Getting out of the door each morning is a challenge for two of us. My oldest child and I would lay in bed for hours if given the opportunity. My youngest child has a lot more energy always ready to roll right out of bed and go for the gusto. However, please let him do it in his dirty diaper and PJ's with breakfast in his hand.

Recently I was trying to corral the boys into clothes, shoes, and clean underwear to go to the Library. This is not new, we do it every Friday morning. No one was cooperating, I was screaming, naked children kept dashing in every direction - and needless to say -I lost it. I stomped over to the garage door and said in my mommy-dearest voice, "Fine, stay here by yourselves, I am leaving." My naked 2 1/2 year-old looked at me with his hands on his hips and said, "Sewiouswly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment