Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Make some Jello

Have you ever felt so totally overwhelmed that you were stuck. You just want to sit down and cry, or eat ice cream instead of figuring out where to get started?

Make Jello. That's what my mother used to tell me. Sound funny? Well, it is but it was the idea. You see when ever my mother would get that stuck feeling her mother would tell her to set the oven timer for 20 minutes and see how much she could get done. Just 20 minutes, because it is amazing what you can actually get done in 20 minutes when you just get going.

It's true. In turn, when I would call my mother from college crying because there was just too much to do and I wanted to quit, she would tell me to make jello. "But I hate Jello!" I would protest. "You don't have to eat it, just make it."

She was right. Just the act of starting and finishing something in 20 minutes gets you ready to tackle another and another and another...

So when all else fails, Make Jello. And if like me you don't really care for it, try adding vodka, it dosen't make the Jello any less gross but you feel WAY better in 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment