Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kindered Spirits

I know you are never suppose to play favorites, but there is a 5 year-old boy it the neighborhood who is the red haired middle child. Need I say more! (I was the red haired middle child;-)

This kid cracks you up from the get go. His mom was telling stories the other day and these are two of my favorites. It seems that everyday at Pre-school when they say the Pledge of Allegiance, as soon as they are finished he yells, "Play Ball!" Because of course- that is the very last line of the Pledge of Allegiance.

The other day at his soccer game after running up and down the field blowing her kisses and giving her the big boy guns (that is what we call it when our boys don't want to kiss us in public and instead you get two finger guns and a wink) he said to her, "Mom, did you enjoy the game?"
To which she replied, "Yes. I love to watch you and your brother play."
"Yeah, you got it good Mom. You get to see the whole game, I have to keep running up and down the field and I don't get to enjoy any of it."

Love this kid!!

1 comment: