Thursday, June 5, 2014

She's Here!

It's been too long and after waiting "forever" according to the boys Gia Gia has arrived! Gia Gia is grandmother in Greek. Yes, my mother-in-law is living with us for the next six months and I am OK with that.

Especially after her arrival last night.  My eleven-year-old son was the first to see the car and ran outside at 11 o'clock last night. He is now taller than Gia Gia who obviously no longer stands above 5 feet tall.  He hugged her and started to cry - "I am so happy to see you!"

As I was tucking everyone in last night he said to me, "Mom, I can't tell you how good it is to see her here." But the best was this morning.  The last time Gia Gia came to live with us the boys felt compelled to talk to Gia Gia with an accent.  It wasn't even a Greek accent really - they sounded more like Mario and Lugi. It was too cute to correct.

This morning my son took Gia Gia under his wing.  Helping her make her coffee, sharing his prized Churro that he saved from yesterday just for her to taste, and telling her all about Minecraft.  The most precious was when she said "I go shower" and he jumped up.

"The shower can be tricky Gia Gia. I will help you." He walked her upstairs and shower her everything in the bathroom and explained it - shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels.  Then he explained that the shower nozzle is reversed so hot is cold and cold is hot.  He explained how to run the water and test it first, then turn on the shower and finally how to turn it off.  He even told her "I will stand outside the door just in case you need me."

Then I heard the water - and I heard him yell
είστε καλά
"Are you OK?"
 
I am sure she is now ;-) What Grandmother would not swoon over being taken care of like this by her Grandson. I know I am smiling like the Cheshire cat right now my chest swelling with pride.
 
Although- I should get upstairs quickly because she has a bad heart and I heard him get his Saxophone out while she was in the shower. I do not want him to blast it before she sees it.  Having lived through two wars the poor women may think we are under attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment