Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Out of balance

Are the stars out of alignment? It is time for a full moon already?  PMS - again?!

I am not sure what the situation, especially considering I am the only woman in the house but the balance is off.  Everyone is in a funk, a mood, a rut and since I am one of those, I am having a hard time fixing it.

The first thing to do was figure out why I want to put on my PJ's and sleep until Spring.  I've been blaming it on the weather changing from 84 degrees on Sunday to 54 degrees on Monday. That's weather in the Midwest and I've lived her all my life.  I know that it is coming.  But that doesn't mean I'm ever ready.

It wasn't just the weather though.  I knew there was something more than that I just couldn't put my finger on it.  Could it be that I got myself prepped and ready to start work this fall? And no there is no work.  I really do need to find some work and the stress of waiting to get the call to sub, but not getting the call to sub is crazy.  Well, that and I sort of forgot I was going to dip my toe back into the work world. Hard to be stressed over something you've never had.

That's when I figured it out.  We recently had to upgrade the Internet because our service provider stopped providing service.  This was making it very difficult to get an Internet connection.  We went with a package that not only gave us high speed Internet, which is an amazing thing, but also.....wait for it....Cable TV.

Yep, that's right.  We have not walked but RUN high speed into the 20th Century.  But it wasn't until this morning when I was laying on the couch for 3 hours watching a Brothers On Call marathon that it dawned on me. It's the cable!!

The Feng Shui has been destroyed.  The balance undone. And the only change is the addition of cable TV.  No wonder I'm depressed.  I didn't know all that I didn't know until cable came along.  I've decided there is only one answer - a total family makeover! (it was either that or replace the family and that sounded a little harsh after I typed it)

So stay tuned for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment