Thursday, November 29, 2012

My little Buddha

Granted I am not sleeping well these days, but it is harder when my six-year-old climbs in bed with me.  At 2:00 a.m. this morning he came in and said "I need a drink of water". Ugh. It's easier when he just climbs in and I can roll over and go back to sleep.

We went into the bathroom and fortunately there is a full moon so we didn't turn on the light.  He drank 2 glasses of water, which made me think I should make him go to the bathroom so he wasn't up in another hour soaking wet.

He even went back to sleep in his own bed, or so I thought.  Two hours later he was at the bedside again.  This time it was bad dreams so I scooted over and he snuggled up even put his arms around me so that I couldn't roll away. (which I usually do) Must have been bad.

I really struggled to get him awake today he was obviously up for most of those 2 hours after the water the poor kid.  Daddy carried him downstairs and sat at the table hoping he would wake up for breakfast.  I finally went over to give him a kiss and said "It's time to wake up."

He opened his eyes and stretched.  I told him I was sorry that he had bad dreams.  He said, "It was really bad.  I couldn't get back to my real life.  I couldn't get back to the real you.  My eyes wouldn't open so I was stuck in the dream where bad things were happening."

Such poignant words from a 6 year-old, some days I feel like if I could just open my eyes all the bad stuff would just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment