Thursday, April 14, 2011

When I get older....

....losing my hair, many years from now.  Will you still be sending me a Valentine? Birthday greeting? bottle of wine.

Tonight while I was screaming the boys to bed, because it's the method that works most effectively, I had to ask the eight -year-old to put his clean clothes aways instead of stepping over them, to hang up the wet bath towel, and put the dirty clothes down the shoot.  After we both heaved a big sigh and rolled our eyes at one another I said to him.

"I can't wait until I am old and senile and living with you.  I'm going to pee on the bathroom floor, leave wet towels lying about, use my undies for toilet paper, and never pick up a single spec of clothing."

To which my son replied with that face that says "You are sooooo stupid" and shut the bedroom door in my face.

Oh the joys of motherhood.  Will I live long enough to seek my revenge for unflushed toilets, mud stained WHITE shirts (couldn't wear the dark one, A?) wet towels, and that "DUH" look?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment