Saturday, January 24, 2015

My NEW favorite cookie

I think I posted this once before with the Title: Day After Halloween Cookies
but I may have to re-name because these are my NEW favorite cookie by far! Enjoy

2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. rolled oats
1 c. (+) cut up left over Halloween Candy
REPLACED WITH - wait for it
1 bag of white chocolate chips and 4-5 crushed up candy canes

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl cream together the butter white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Gradually add sifted ingredients. Then oats and candy pieces.
Bake 8-10 minutes, do not brown these much or you will have crispy crunchy cookies by day two. I like them to stay a chewy.  So just bake them off they will spread and puff up. You can not get them off the cookie sheet until they are pretty cool or they will tear apart.


Day After Christmas Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment