Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Call me Bounty....the Quicker Picker Upper

It has recently become crystal clear to me that I am more absorbent than an entire roll of Bounty.  I am the original Quicker Picker Upper.

My youngest, now seven, is having a tough transition back to school.  Every morning is a delicate dance between the two of us.  I try not to let him see that he is getting to me and that I'm thinking that letting him stay home seems way easier than getting him on the bus.  He tries with relentless persistent to convince me that he is too sick to continue.

It was after one of these mornings that I went for a walk with my therapist.  No, I do not have an extremely forward thinking psychologist, I have a wonderful friend who is always there for me.  I was still shaking when we started walking. I was saying how yucky I felt after getting the boys off to school. 

That's when it dawned on me.  Duh-Bounty! I'm the Quicker Picker Upper.  Somewhere in my crazy mixed up mommy mind I convinced myself that if I suck up all the anxiety, angst, or anger of my boys it will somehow disappear for them.  NOT. Nice try mom. But wouldn't it be nice.

Isn't that what we all want? To make our children's pain go away.  Whenever the boys ask what super power I would have if I could pick, I always say healing.  Now I am thinking the super power I really want - fearlessness.

If my son and I were the Wonder Twins now that would be really cool.... Wonder Twins power activate! Form of Fearlessness! Shape of Skittles!

I know it doesn't make sense, but neither did the Wonder Twins. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ktUx57i63e0

No comments:

Post a Comment