Thursday, January 13, 2011

Careful what you wish for!

We've all heard this saying and if you have children you have even resorted to saying it.  Well, I really gave it to myself the other night.  I was tired of hearing myself talk, "Sit back down, eat your dinner, put your dishes away, no toys at the table".  Blah Blah Blah.

"Since you to don't want to listen to me, Why don't you be the parents, I'm done!"

Feeling over confident that they would snap back into shape I sat back and waited.

The seven year-old looked like he was going to cry, the four year-old let a "Yahoo!"  OK, didn't see that coming.  "I'm the daddy, let's go play Wii." With that he pushed away from the table and shot downstairs like a bolt of lightning.  The seven year-old just stared at me with eyes as big as saucers as if to say, "What just happened here? Can I really go?"

Et tu, Brute?

They may have won this one, but I'll be ready the next time, I think.

1 comment: