Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kudos to Piece of Cake Kitchen

In order to be technologically savvy in these modern times, I have decided you must either have A. no children, or 2. a boring job you hate. Since I can not claim either I am very quickly losing ground on all things "techie".

"Then how do you write this blog?" You might ask. Blogger.com made it very easy to get started and then I chose the "Create Blog page" as a favorite. Now when I actually get time, I choose the "Create blog page" from my favorites list and type away.

Slowly, I am starting to get familiar with other stuff you can do on your blog site. Maybe some of you have noticed, maybe not. (Is anybody out there??) I have added a link to a friends website and a voting poll at the bottom of my blog page. Since no one has voted in the poll yet besides me, I am assuming that no one has noticed.

I really encourage you all to check out her website, Piece of Cake Kitchen. She is not only hysterically funny, but the recipes are good too. We had book club together in another life and I do seem to recall some very scrumptious goodies. (Try the granola cookies!)

However, it is very intimidating to see a mother of four with her busy schedule producing this amazing website. I can't even get to my blog everyday. I have started a list that's now posted next to the computer of all the funny things my kids have done, or stupid things my husband's done, or annoying things strangers have done.....Sorry, I lost my train of thought.

Well, I have never claimed to be Martha Stewart, or anyone else rich, famous, and really really good at something. But I have always been good at giving credit where credit is due. You go Girl!!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I'm a mess. Seriously. Already a week behind on the blog so I'm scrambling today, my house and yard are a disaster, etc. I told my husband it's the worst idea I've ever had. But I'm not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for the shout-out, btw!

    ReplyDelete