Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A note to my husband from his "car"

I am not a Ferrari. I do not turn over on the first start.  I do not go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds.

I am an old Ford.  I need to be keep in the garage where it is warm, maybe even under a blanket.  You need to start me up 20 minutes before you want to drive...and I may not turn over on the first try, or even the 10th.  You need to be kind and loving and gentle and SLOW.  You need to show a lot of extra TLC because the engines always cold and the oil is always low and yes, the tires need replacing but not on our budget - don't bother checking them.

So stop trying to drive a Ferrari! I'm just an old Ford, and if you take the time to treat me right, I'll promise to take you where you need to go.  You might even find you enjoy the ride, even if it's slow, we still get to the same place.  This way you just get to see a little more scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment