Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I need a new alarm clock....

As daylight savings time approaches I started to think, I need a new alarm clock.  The ones I have - well suck.  You see I don't actually have a working alarm clock per say.  I have a five-year-old that either explodes a diaper or decides he needs to snuggle somewhere between 2-4 a.m.   Which means that he is either climbing on top of me, or asking me to change his PJ's, then he climbs on top of me.

My husband sets two alarms.  One is the typical radio/alarm clock which blares out some more than hideous heavy metal song at 5 a.m. which is then promptly followed by a beeping alarm clock at 5:10 a.m.  As if this is not enough to wake me, I then have to pee by 6 a.m. if I didn't already go at 2-3-4 or 5 when one of the other alarms went off.  No - I persevere and generally get back in bed thinking...just 5 more minutes.

By seven o'clock one of the kids is usually awake and heading downstairs to turn the TV on which must be headed off or monitored, or else I sleep until I hear the bus, driving by the house.  At which point the alarm going off is the one in my head saying, "Oh Shittttake Mushrooms!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment