Monday, December 11, 2017

Powerful? or Powerless

This is worth watching...
Gary Zukav with Oprah Winfrey

I am in no way trying to infringe on copyright for all 5 of my followers - just wanted you to see the picture.


Gary Zukav may not be a new name to you, or you may be asking yourself, Who is he? Among his many accomplishments is a book called The Seat of the Soul.  In this short but powerful interview, Oprah sits down with Gary to discuss his book and explain to those who don't know him what his work is all about.  It could be titled Soulwork 101.

There are many powerful moments in this interview but after being asked literally three times last week - What can I do about the current administration, I feel powerless?" I came across this on Sunday morning. It was like the Universe was saying - Here. We wrapped it up for you and sent it with Oprah. Enjoy.

What I always find so amazing and totally cool is not only that I was asked the same questions by three people in one week, but I had the same answer all three times. And it is totally in line with what Gary Zukav is saying in this interview.

True power is not in Oval Office. That is a perfect example of powerlessness.  I have trouble watching and listening to Trump speak not just because of what comes out of his mouth, but because I am an Empath and Donald Trump is a very troubled person. It oozes out of him so violently its like watching a volcano erupt. I can not watch that kind of spewing without absorbing some and that is  no more healthy than me standing 100 feet away from Pompei.

All three people asked me "What can we do about this administration?" And all three times I said this. "I don't know. However, if my thoughts become things (Mike Dooley) then I am going to continue to hold positive thoughts for the kind of world that I want to live in and know that I am not alone."

But for my sister, as well as others, who don't really want to sit in meditation asking the Universe to fix what we broke what can we do? (I just wanted to give you an awesome mental picture of me dressed in robes sitting in Lotus position waiting for the next Election.) 

I think it's time to remember that our government is securely grounded in WE the People. GO VOTE! Our township election in November something like 25% of eligible voters turned out. How can we complain about who is elected if you didn't vote? Get involved locally. Start there and work your way up.  I know that I have been saying for years "I'm not political" because politics has become such a dirty word.  They are so gross I didn't want to be associated with any of it. But the truth is I am political. I am concerned. I do listen and care and want change. I just didn't want to get involved. I was afraid to speak out for fear of what people might think. Hmmm...maybe they will think I care.

We were very clear with our children before this election that no matter the outcome - it was not the end of the world. Well, now it's time to cash that check.  It's time to speak up - Maybe even Tweet! Ok, no. No tweeting please. Real sentences for goodness sakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment