Saturday, September 4, 2021

Chchchchanges

 "Turn and face the change...ChChChChanges"

I totally flaked on the First Day of School!! It came and went. I didn't get a picture. I'm not even sure that I texted anyone, Good Luck. Sigh

The energy in the house has changed. It's throwing me off. I'm not sure if it's a permanent thing seeing as we down a man, playing one short. Or the new norm. But I don't think that I am the only one feeling it.  My youngest who could ride to school, and practice, and events all last year with his brother is back to riding with me. For me, it's great. As most parents know that time in the car is like a truth bubble, where you finally get to hear about what's really going on in their world. I'm not sure he's feeling it.

I want to make the most of this alone time with our youngest. When you are the second you don't get that "only child" time much. But I am just not how- and I know that he is not looking for it.  He ahs let me sit and watch Anime with him, as long as I don't ask any questions. Have you ever watched Anime? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

He has less dietary restrictions than my older son and myself so I have let him dictate the menu. Not the greatest move for my stomach but he seems, happy? How do you tell when a 15 year-old is happy?

This child, taking after my husband, loves to argue - about everything. So while I normally avoid starting any conversation without - Or Else! - I have tried to engage in a little lively debate. Yeah, that 's not ending so well either.

But I'm learning! I'm trying. Because its time for change. ugh. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment