Sunday, May 6, 2018

Silent Sunday....

It's Sunday morning, 7 a.m. I have already been up for two hours. #1 son had to be at the marathon split by 6:20.  #2 son has day three of soccer tourney that is a little over an hour away. Even though I had two alarms set, I have been up every half and hour since 3 am thinking I overslept.

So here I am at 7 am on Sunday, already exhausted. I'll take it. With #1 son finishing his Freshman year I know that it won't be long before I am sitting in the silence on Sunday morning, wondering what they are doing now?

When the kids where 6 and 3 I didn't think this house would ever get quiet but now as I sit in silence I miss those days. When there was non stop noise. Cars zooming, Thomas blaring, sword play, gun fights, hungry hippos and kids.  Now a days the only thing the TV is good for is Xbox and if the boys are even home they are engrossed in their device watching something on YouTube.

Everything changed but it happened slow enough I don't seem to notice, until it was too late.  #2 son has grown three inches this year. By the time he is out of Junior High he too will be taller than me. He is upset with the status quo and meeting with the principal on Monday to discuss it.  #1 son is organizing his schedule and planning for his senior year, on top of still growing an inch a month.

So it's 7 am on Sunday, I am sitting in the silence for a little while longer. I am finishing my tea and my thoughts and remembering those days that I thought would never end. Enjoy your Sunday.

P.S. When eating breakfast before dawn, make sure you check the labels chili powder and cinnamon are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment